- Accident & Emergency (A&E)
- Inpatient Facilities
- ICU / CCU / NICU
- Maroof Ambulance
- Food & Nutrition Services
- Patient Services Department
- Patient Coordination Department
Accident & Emergency (A&E)
Accident & Emergency (A&E) is a medical treatment facility, specializing in acute care of patients who present without prior appointment, either by their own means or by ambulance. Due to the unplanned nature of patient attendance, we provide initial treatment for a broad spectrum of illnesses and injuries, some of which may be life-threatening and require immediate attention.
Our emergency departments operate 24 hours a day, although staffing levels may be varied in an attempt to mirror patient volume. We have best personnel of Consultants, Medical Officers, Staff Nurses and Other paramedical staff, who are always available to serve the patient in their best capacity and capability..
As patients can present at any time and with any complaint, a key part of the operation of an emergency department is the prioritization of cases based on clinical need. Therefore, we have following sub-departments in our Accident and Emergency department based on clinical needs of the patients:
- Acute pediatrics
- Examination room
- Major treatment room
- Male and Female wards
- Minor O.T.
- Dialysis unit
S T A R LABORATORY
To excel the field of health, MIH has developed one of the best diagnostics center. We ensure our commitment to service, quality and accuracy because we realize the significance of accurate and prompt diagnosis.
MIH Laboratory is fully equipped with latest diagnostic technology. It is located within the premises of the hospital building, making it accessible for all the patients and medical staff.
We have now “STAR” status.
Every test is validated by a senior pathologist.
- Blood Bank
- Chemical Pathology
- General Pathology
- Hormone Assays
- Routine Chemistry
- Special Chemistry
IMAGING DEPARTMENT/ RADIOLOGY
MIH Radiology Department is equipped with the latest, state of the art equipment by GE Company, which is one of the world’s leading companies in medical equipment.
MIH Radiology department provides
- Computerized radiography with computerized archiving and facilities of;
- X-Rays of all body regions
- Digital fluoroscopy (DICOM System) with facilities of;
- All types of barium & Gastrograffin studies
- Sinogram and Fistulogram
- Vascular angiography
- Pacemaker placement under fluoroscopic guidance
- Mammography with facility for stereotactic biopsy of the lesions not adequately visible on USG.
- Ultrasound with facilities of
- Ultrasound Abdomen, Pelvis & Chest, Fetal Well Being.
- 3D and 4D ultrasound, Anomaly scan and Biophysical Profile
- Doppler ultrasound
- Transvaginal sonography
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Orbital Ultrasound
- Ultrasound of small parts including salivary glands and thyroid gland
- Ultrasound guided Biopsies and drainage procedures
- 64 Slice CT scan with MPR, MIP, 3D & Surface rendered Images with facilities of;
- CT Scan of all body regions
- 2 & 3 Phase Hepatic CT Scan
- All types of Angiographies
- Virtual Bronchoscopy
- Virtual Colonography
- CT Guided Biopsies of lesions not accessible on USG.
- DEXA Scan
- QDR series
- Lumbar spine.
- Hip Joint
Increasing heart diseases in current era have added special emphasis to the field of heart care. For healthy life, it is crucial and sensitive; and needs extra care. The team of cardiologists, nurses and other specialists at MIH ensure collectively dedicated efforts to providing a full spectrum of cardiac services for patients with congenital heart disease and other rare heart conditions.
MIH emergency department is ready round the clock to deal with all sorts of cardiac patients under the supervision of highly qualified cardiologists.
The key services offered are
- Cardiology Clinics catering huge cardiac population.
- 24hrs availability of ECG services.
- Non Invasive Cardiac Lab with facilities including
- 2D & Doppler Echo cardiograph.
- Exercise Tolerance test./ ETT
- 24hr Holter & Ambulatory BP monitoring apparatus will be available shortly.
- Fully equipped state of the art Coronary Care unit run under supervision of well reputed highly qualified cardiologist.
- Fully equipped advanced Coronary Care unit, run under supervision of well reputed highly qualified cardiologists.
- Indoor admission facility for all land of Cardiac patients, where highly motivated & committed nursing and paramedical staff takes care of cardiac patients admitted under care of consultant cardiologist.
In-Patient Department (IPD)
MAROOF International Hospital offers a range of in-hospital accommodations from lower-priced rooms to Executive-Suites. All hospital rooms have been designed with the patients comfort and safety in mind.
Common Room Amenities
All MAROOF International Hospital rooms include the following features:
- Electronic adjustable beds
- Computerized personal nurse call system
- Guest couch
- Personal telephone for local calls
- Individually controlled room air conditioning
- Attached washrooms with complimentary premium bathroom amenities
- Personal medication cabinet
- Personal wardrobe
We have following 5 room categories in our Inpatient Department:
- Executive Suite
Recommended patient visiting hours are 5 pm to 8 pm
The ICU is one of the basic necessities of the hospital both in the public & private set up. MIH has esteem ICU which is fully equipped with all the required specialized equipment to be used for the critical care of the patients.
- This unit is based on six (06) beds in which four (04) beds are the ICU beds and two (02) beds are as isolation rooms within the ICU, titled as HDU.
- Every bed is provided with the Ventilator and vital signs monitors, Emergency trolley is maintained with all necessary medicines and infusions. Besides ECG, Defibrillator and portable X-ray are provided as a part of a unit.
- The ICU is not open for public/ Attendants
- The nursing staff deputed is trained in ICU/CCU specialty.
- Round the clock one or more trained medical officer is present in ICU.
- Consultants visit the patients as and when required round the clock.
- Germ free environment is very well maintained in ICU.
The operation theatre is next adjacent to the ICU. The Anesthetist in charge OT is also in charge of the ICU.
At a hospital like MAROOF, whose patient population already comprises sickest of the sick.
Our coronary care unit is there meeting the challenging and demanding heart diseases requiring minute to minute care.
We have state of the art fully equipped 10 bedded CCU for patients with variety of cardiac illness including acute myocardial infarction, cardiomyopathy, heart failure and dysrhythmias are treated under supervision of highly qualified and professional Cardiologists with round the clock cover, immediately under care of dedicated junior cardiac medical officers, our highly skilled nursing staff looking after the cardiac patients.
Apart from routine telemetry and central monitoring .We have facilities for pacemaker placement, cardio version and mechanical ventilator support.
CCU is affiliated with two upcoming projects including cardiac Cath lab and Cardiac Surgical Unit.
Just steps away from Labor and Delivery, newborn babies and neonates are cared at our NICU. They receive urgent and on-going care, unit is equipped with advanced incubator and staffed by specialty-trained nurses and neonatologists.
Follow up clinics are designed for the neonates/ children.
Babies born, who require specialized care will receive the most technologically advanced treatment in MIH state-of-the-art facilities from highly skilled board-certified neonatologists.
MIH physicians, nurses and other clinical staff for Paediatric ailments share their expertise and insights. Staff neonatologists provide ongoing communication and are available to you and your baby at MIH 24 hours a day. Our team is available for follow-up care after your baby leaves the hospital.
Privacy is a priority to us because it’s good health for your baby and respectful of your well-being. But in an open unit, privacy is a challenge.
Please don’t ask us about other babies. Their health information is private.
Peads department is limited to the parents visit only to avoid any unhealthy information & environment. The newborn’s health status is followed up by neonatologist day to day in hospital and on discharge parents are advised to visit as/ schedule to keep the health record of MAROOF’s child.
The Dialysis Center at MAROOF International Hospital provides a friendly, comfortable, safe and clean environment for patients and their families. We aim to provide quality care and patient safety.
Dialysis Center offers the latest state of the art technology and equipment to provide the best quality of end stage renal disease care. We have only board certified nephrologists (kidney specialists) to oversee and manage dialysis procedures.
Our patients endure treatment regularly, subsequently a close bond subsists between patient and service provider.
- Hemodialysis with the latest State of the Art equipment
- Brand new disposable dialyzers
- AV fistula assessment and management
- Availability of Board certified nephrologists
- Highly trained technicians and nurses
- Social service assistance in all aspects of care
- Transportation provided
- Full service laboratory
- Management of wide range of medical problems
- Patient coordination department to accommodate patient’s issues
- Fully licensed and accredited
- 24 hours emergency power generator to insure uninterrupted therapy
- International infection control sterilization and procedures
- Electronically adjustable beds
In addition to dialysis treatments, our center offers:
- Insulin administration;
- Blood glucose monitoring;
- Acute dialysis;
- Pre-renal education;
- Anemia management;
- Support groups for patients and families
Monday through Saturday: 7:00 am to 10:00 pm
(Appointments are available on emergency situations)
The Department of Pharmacy Services at MAROOF International Hospital is providing state-of-the-art pharmacy services with a mission to provide compassionate, ethical, accessible, and high quality pharmacy services to our customers. The Department takes pride in providing high-tech state-of-the-art professional services to our patients round-the-clock, which includes in-patients as well as ambulatory care patients.
The Pharmacy Department is staffed with a full-time Manager Pharmacy, two Senior Pharmacists, three full-time staff Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacy Support Officers.
Facilities & Services
The Pharmacy Department is a full service centralized inpatient hospital pharmacy. Services are provided for all inpatients as well as those patients served by our outpatient service departments and clinics. Hospital & Clinical pharmacists function as integral members of health care teams at MAROOF International Hospital, working with physicians to achieve desired therapeutic outcomes, prevent or minimize drug-related problems, and improve medication use.
The Pharmacy Department maintains a complete and comprehensive computerized patient drug profile on all patients. Clinical consultations are provided for patients and physicians as requested. Specifically, the department of pharmacy is responsible for:
- The specifications of quality for procurement of all drugs
- The preparation and distribution of all drugs.
- The control and management of drug costs.
- The monitoring and assurance of quality of drug use.
- The evaluation of drug literature and the communication of drug and disease related information.
- The application of professional and scientific principles in the selection, use, administration and monitoring of drug effectiveness for all patient
The diversified features of pharmacy services are made possible with continuously updated medical/pharmaceutical literature and competent staff. This ranges from extemporaneously compounded medicines. Electronic data processing has become an important tool for providing pharmacy services to in-patient and ambulatory patients. For each order entered into the computer, the system provides pharmacists with warnings of therapeutic duplications, drug-drug interaction, and screening for allergies, contraindications and potentially sub-therapeutic or toxic doses. Following are the services offered:
Centralized and decentralized satellite pharmacies;
- Computerized Physician Order Entry (POE); (Work in Progress)
- Clinical pharmacy (Point of Care Pharmacist);
- Drug and Poison Information Services (DPIU) (Near Future)
- Sterile compounding and special formulations;
- Extemporaneous compounding;
- Staff development and educational programmes;
Pharmacy is committed to providing progressive patient care oriented pharmacy services which meet the challenges of an expanding institution and a growing community. MAROOF International Hospital’s formulary is a comprehensive compilation of drugs representing all therapeutic modalities. The formulary is approved by the Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee of the Hospital, an apex body dealing with all issues related to prescribing, dispensing and monitoring of drugs.
We are looking forward to professional Training Programmes
- On-the-job Hospital Pharmacist Training Programme
- Pharmacy Technician Training Programme
What is drug and poison information service for? (DPIU)
This service provides up-to-date and unbiased information regarding medicines and their use. For example, availability, price, substitutes, interactions, safety in pregnancy or lactation, side effects and their management, storage/stability and transportation of drugs, etc.
It also provides information regarding poison management in case of common household poisonings, occupational exposures to various chemicals, and information on supportive treatment in case of hospital admission.
Who can derive benefit from this service?
A layman as well as a health care professional is equally benefited by the service.
Who provides information?
Specially trained drug information “pharmacist” is responsible for providing information. A pharmacist is a “drug expert” who can give advice regarding safe and effective use of medication.
What is the need of Drug Information Service?
Generally, people have very little knowledge regarding proper use of medication. This lack of knowledge may become harmful as it may lead to aggravation of disease, more side effects, less compliance, and even increased cost of therapy.
Various studies have shown that if patients discuss their therapy related problems and concerns with a drug expert–a pharmacist, it resulted in increased compliance and better treatment outcomes.
Check out the salient features of our following services:
- Informed patient circle
- Poison management
As a health care professional:
In Pakistan, the absence of an organized channel for obtaining and disseminating drug and poison related information has been a crucial problem for the health sector at large. Information is generally propagated either by word of mouth or via representatives of pharmaceutical companies.
Such information, which is mostly incomplete and biased, leads to serious consequences with regards to quality in health sector and rational prescribing.
- Consumer & Cosmetic section providing a wide range of products.
- Optical section offering trendy glasses (First Imitation of sunglasses & spectacles) & Lenses (Contact & Cosmetic ) – All New Designs . . .
- Eye Refraction under the supervision of highly qualified Physician.
- Eatery Section (Imported Chocolates, Drinks and much more…)
- Lingerie section.
All Medicines are approved by a committee of Consultant Physcians & Surgeons.
Large selection of imported choclates,biscuits, candies and confectionery.
Don’t forget to visit our cosmetics and perfume sections.
Food & Nutrition Services
Nutrition refers to a completely balanced and composed diet that provides all basic nutrients necessary for a human body to work. We at MIH always focus at providing best to our patients and helping them lead a healthy life. We have many nutrionists in our team, whose sole job is to examine the nutrional value of each food item available at our café. They particularly customize every single patient’s diet as per the need of their body and as per their consultant’s recommendation. There are separately designed menus for patients which facilitate them to choose healthy food from the given variety. Each ingredient is carefully chosen and utilized so to preserve maximum energy value.
Our team also provides customized diet plans to patients suffering from Obesity, Diabetes, Hypertension and Malnutrition. These diet plans are carefully drafted to meet the individual requirement of each patient. They are also guided regarding how to keep a check on every day’s food intake so that every bite they take is nutrionally balanced.
Patient Services Deapartment
Maroof International Hospital’s motto is to facilitate the patients on every step. For this purpose the role of Patient Services department or PSD cannot be ignored. Operated by a well-trained and cooperative team, PSD considers efficiency as priority. From registration to clearance, they provide every service to the finest. Whether the patient is panel or a non-panel patient, they are guided and facilitated equally on every step.
PSD provides following services:
- Registration of every patient
- All Cash Payments
- All Credit Payments
- OPD, ER Billing
- Admission & Discharge
- Doctor Share
- Revenue Reports
- Prepared detail of patients outstanding balances
- Maintain one work station in Lab for patients charging
- Daily inform the outstanding balance to patient
- Panel billing
PATIENT COORDINATION DEPARTMENT
Patient’s care and treatment is incomplete unless there is support and cooperation from all the concerned departments. The role of Patient Coordination Department in MAROOF International Hospital in this regard cannot be ignored. The efficient coordinators are always present to promote Patient’s satisfaction level. Patient Coordination Department builds a connection between Patients and health care providers. Their main focus is on timely response to all questions, complaints and concerns of the patients and to provide them guidance and assistance on every step. PCD also welcomes all kinds of suggestions from patient’s end. In order to improve the quality, PCD evaluates the services of all the departments and discusses it with higher management for a continuous betterment of processes. We have a team of cooperative, competent and highly professional coordinators in PCD, who are always ready to serve and facilitate the patients.
- Information Counter Handling
- Complaint Handling (Verbal/Written)
- Preventive Healthcare Packages
- Executive Physical Package
- General Health Package
- Cardiac Care Package
- Protocol Handling (Special Care Patients)
- Patient Satisfaction Survey (IPD &OPD)
- Dead Body Handling (Arranging Ambulance)
- Medical Legal Care
- Wheel Chairs & Statures Handling